AFTER 3 FUN YEARS, WE ARE CLOSING OUR DOORS AT THE END OF APRIL 2011.
Thank you for your supports and great memories.
Hope we will meet again soon.
Ellie Basch and Savor Cafe/The Lunch Porter staff.
coffee, breakfast, lunch, afternoon perk-up
Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Fourth Friday Wine Dinners 6:30 pm (RSVP only, check for updates on "events" page)
It counts to be a GREEN business.
SAVOR has always been green since we opened our doors on April 9, 2008.
We didn't think we have to pat our backs, it's just a responsible thing to do.
Here are some baby steps Savor does to help Mother Nature:
- use biocompostable to-go cups and drinking straws (corn-based cups),
- biocompostable to-go containers (sugar-cane pulp and corn starch),
- biocompostable to-go utensils (potato starch),
- NEW! sugar cane fiber-based catering trays with clear dome lids (corn based),
- compost tumbler for our kitchen scraps and coffee grounds,
- real china, glasses and utensils for dine-in,
- recycle cans, bottles, office papers, and boxes,
- chose to be in an old building that has been re-purposed, and...
- use as many local (and mostly organic) products as we can. We work
with many local farmers (Amy's Garden, Victory Farms, Manakintowne
Specialty Growers, Fertile Crescent Farm), the Flour Garden bakery,
Rostov's coffee and tea, Counter Culture espresso, and Green Duck
Biodegradables for all of our bio packaging.